Monday, January 30, 2012

Visual Me

I need to SEE it...maybe you don't...but as a visual learner, IF I SEE IT, I GET IT.  So, today, one month from my START date, I HAVE LOST 15 POUNDS!!!
I am still in shock and awe. <grin>
It isn't supposed to happen! I have never, ever, ever, ever, ever lost that much in one month.  I guess "The MandATES" work! At least for me!
And last night, my jeans felt tight! I was bracing myself for a weight GAIN, hoping that it wouldn't be too bad...a pound or two at most.  That happens...it would be disappointing and all, 
but it would be OK...just continue with the "program" the "PLAN".
Sooooooooooooooooooo, I stepped on the scale, shaking with fear, trying to be calm, preparing for the worst and then....
HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!
I had LOST 4 POUNDS SINCE LAST TIME! 

So now, the MandATEs say that I should CelebrATE...without food.  (Once, years ago for one of my weight loss plans I would have a Häagen-Das
ice cream bar for every 5 pounds that I lost.  Great motivation! Bad plan!) So, today, when I want to celebrate...I'm stumped!  I didn't plan one.  I am up a creek - and without funds.  I think that Hubby and I will dance today!  Disco? (hahahahaha) Or maybe the Eagles. Or Santana!!!!
So, now, I need a list of Celebrations!  I might add some recipes for the healthy stuff like the frozen banana and Nutella "ice cream" or something like that...food, in moderation, that fits into the plan, is STILL a good plan for Celebrations.  We celebrate WITH food.  It is good, and normal, and healthy.  But, no big chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and lots of big chocolate roses on it. <grin> On my Pinterest, I have listed a bunch of good, nummy things to eat.  I'll check on those to add to our CelebrATE Party!!!! Yay!!!!! FIFTEEN POUNDS!!!!!
CELEBRATE LIFE!
CELEBRATE YOUR SUCCESSES!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Just goes to show what a crazy mixed up thing is "body image"! I FELT bigger...uncomfortable...but in reality, I was smaller. Wish it didn't matter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I've said, I know EXACTLY how you feel... same thing here.

    ReplyDelete