Monday, January 16, 2012

Motivate - Nice words


Motivate – Nice words
So, when I decided what little blank book I was going to use (it is about 2 ½ inches by 3 inches), the first thing that I did was to date all of the pages until the end.  Then, I went to the end and wrote down my “rules” (The Mandates) and the reasons why I was making these changes. I wanted to have something to remind myself with later on.  Again, for me, if I SEE words – my own words, particularly, I feel more committed to them. Then, I thought about what more I could do to encourage myself…and I began to write nice words to myself for each day.  Here is a sample of some of the pages:
Nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels.
I am as thin as I want to be! (I ate what I wanted and that brought me to this weight)
I sabotage my own success…or orchestrate it!
I am a woman who keeps her promises…even to myself!
Think and visualize what “thin” will look like and feel like.
Happy back and happy knees.
Do not be weary in well-doing!
Maturity is delaying gratification for a healthy purpose.
“I need” versus “I want”.  Give (or allow) the body what it needs. Enjoy life.
Sing!
Inch by inch it’s a cinch.  Mile by mile it’s a heavy trial. (One day at a time)
Read. Drink water. Take a walk. Write. Talk to someone. (what to do when bored/hungry)
Freedom is not in doing everything that feels good – it is in feeling good about your choices.
Motivation: an inward willingness, buying into the dream or goal and participating in it with gusto!
There WILL be food tomorrow.  Trust in that! (You cannot store it in your tummy anyway)
Nourish your soul with love, prayer, worship and communion – intimacy.
Bored? Do NOT eat! Fill boredom with activity, education, contemplation…but NOT with food!
Enjoy it!
Enough.  I have enough of everything that I need and some to give away!
Fear: the big door-closer.  You can endure MUCH more than you think that you can!
It is even more wasteful to eat it as it is to throw it away!
Pillows of “body armor” do NOT offer true protection. This idea is a lie I have wordlessly told myself.
Exercise not for weight loss but for strength and tone. Then, the scale will not get you down!
You’ve seen the photos – blue sky, grassy field, the model dancing or leaping…make it happen! I will be “the model”. <grin>
Forgive others. Forgive yourself.
I am the only person who will accompany me throughout my entire life. I need to be a good companion to myself.
Treat yourself with as much gentleness as you would give to your best friend.
Acknowledge: Obese is obese.  Fat is fat. Too much is too much. Indulgence is indulgence. It is NOT O.K. to lie about it.
I make my choices. I choose to love.  I choose to live a certain way.  I choose to eat on purpose.
Integrity: inner steel.  Doing what is right for the right reason in the right way.
One bite of brownie tastes as good as a whole pan.
Waistbands – they are getting smaller!
It is another day of life to live!
Be thankful! You cannot complain if you are thankful.
Give yourself permission to succeed.  It is OK.
Stretch!
Water (pure) Water (clear) Water (water)
My god is NOT my belly.                                                                 
I LIKE being thinner!
Small, last-minute, poor decisions add up!
Plan! (for the party! For the restaurant!)
It is SO worth it!
The REAL goal: health (don’t let the scale get you down)
Posture. Posture.
It is NOT o.k. “just this once”.  Do not give into the whining toddler!


2 comments:

  1. What a cute photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the crying child photo? as a representation of my whiny inner-child, it sure is!

    ReplyDelete