Monday, January 23, 2012

THE SCALE!!!



The SCALE (old timey scary organ music plays here)
So, you might have recognized that I have tried to downplay the importance of the All-Mighty SCALE! (cue scary music again) On the one hand, I try to notate my weight regularly; on the other hand, I try to ignore what the scale says.  So, the last week that I fasted, the 17th, I weighed happily on the 18th and TA-DA!! No weight loss! What?!? What happened? Why not? All that water drunk, all that time being sorta hungry – it was a harder day that time.  But, not even a budge on the SCALE? Nope…in fact, I may have gained a pound.  Shocker!
What is a girl to do?  I am SO GLAD that I am not on Biggest Loser for all the world to see my lack of progress! Why does it go down and then not go down? When I got back from the weekend trip to FAMILY (means to food, food, and more really GOOD food! And sitting in the car for 24+ hours in 4 days) I had lost a pound or two! Go figure.  It is like THE SCALE (duh-duh DUNNA!) is not in sync with the rest of the program.  THE SCALE does its own thing.  I don’t get it.  But, it got to me.  I weighed (after fasting) and didn’t get the results that I expected, and then all that I wanted to do was eat.  I had trouble not eating…grazing…continual feeding for several days.  I evidently didn’t fall off the wagon too far, but it is a troubling situation to work on as I go.  THE SCALE is not my friend but neither is it my enemy.  THE SCALE is not the judge.  The way my clothes fit is the judge.  The strength I build is the judge.  The feeling better is the judge.  <sigh> So many things that we set up as measurements do not actually measure accurately.  THE SCALE measures me, but it is only a part of the process, not the ULTIMATE goal, judge, voice, or victory.  I eat to live well.  Eat less, taste more!

No comments:

Post a Comment