FINALLY I have a forum for sharing my "new" discovery! I started this about a year ago...and it has been amazing! I don't use fancy stuff on my face anymore! I use Olive Oil, Corn Starch, Baking Soda, Honey, Apple Cider Vinegar, Oatmeal and Salt!!! And, amazingly, my face looks better - SO MUCH BETTER than it used to!
Top Photo: Corn Starch, Olive Oil, Baking Soda ("they" (they who???) wouldn't let me post the brand name boxes!)
Olive Oil - a good cleanser (mix a little in your hand with salt or the finer grained baking soda and use it as a scrub...rinse with a warm washcloth. No dry skin!) p.s. I added a bit of essential oil to cover the olive-y smell and hubby LOVES it!!! (me too)
Corn Starch - use like baby powder where ever you need dryness or friction reduced. Or, it absorbs oils out of clothes like a stain remover...cover oil stain, let set a minute, dust out. Also, a dry shampoo...rub it into head and brush out.
Baking Soda - use it with salt for tooth brushing, a fine exfoliate for the face, mix with olive oil and rub both hands together for a great hand smoothing, moisturizing treatment (also for feet!)
Above photo: left to right - Honey, Apple Cider Vinegar, Ground Oatmeal, Salt
Honey - Use as a masque on your face, washes right off with a warm wash cloth
Apple Cider Vinegar - use full or half strength (half water, half vinegar) to close pores after cleansing
Oatmeal - as a masque: mix with a little water in your palm and apply to face, let dry, wash off with warm water (I often will make my own recipe in my palm adding honey, baking soda, oatmeal, and or corn starch...the last to seem to absorb oils in the pores)
I took a former decorative spice rack ($4 at Ross's years ago) and filled the squiggly bottles with my ingredients. Looks SO nice on my counter top...and SO easy to refill, use, and use some more. Happy me!!!!
The Travel Version - ready to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment