So, I started with maybe 6 “Rules” (the Mandates) and now I
have something like 13!!! When I started
it was really simple…one cup (more or less) of whatever I had in front of me
and wait one hour before I could eat another cup. Then, I started changing things – fiddling with
it. I added Barley. I added long grain rice. I added meatless Mondays and fishy Fridays!
So, just out of curiosity, I decided to do a calorie count. Was I surprised!!! One day, I had only eaten 780 calories! Another day, only 935! This was not good, in my opinion. This was a “starvation diet”, even though I seldom felt hungry! Plus, it seemed to me
that I was still eating too much meat and not enough veggies and almost no
fruit! So, (thank you, Goo-glee) I did a
web-search for recommended servings. Two milk servings, two meat servings, two
fruit, three veggies and SIX grain servings! Wow! I don’t think that I will ever
get them all in, one cup every hour from 7 am to 7 pm…however, I’ve made
ANOTHER concentrated effort to round out my diet a little more.
You start out simple…and it isn’t very long before the list
of rules just overpopulates the project!
<sigh> Isn’t that always the way!
| ||
| You start out "simple" and you end up "complicated" |

Try Dave's killer bread. So yummy and so many grains. Delish! He was in prison, learned to make bread, got saved, got out and has this great bread with his testimony on the wrapper!
ReplyDeleteI'll have to look for that bread...
ReplyDelete