I’ve been waiting
and W…A…I..T…I…N…GGGGGGGG…trying to let it NOT be important…but it was. Thirty-five pounds gone since July and not one
unsolicited comment. No one…not one
person in my "real" world…has said to me, “Have you lost weight?”
I thought that it would be very obvious.
There are
reasons.
One, our circle of friends has changed. Everyone has moved away, we changed churches, and we are out of town a lot…so no one who “knows me” has been around me much to really be there for the “before” AND the “after”. They have either seen the one or the other, but not both.
Two, the people who “know me” now, might not know me well enough to hazard a comment like that. In new relationships, it is often better to be cautious than to blurt out things that might be sensitive…like weight.
Three, I HAVE told lots of people who know me...so I don't count them since they were TOLD and didn't just see it on their own.
Whatever the case, it finally happened!!! A woman said that she didn’t recognize me because I have lost so much weight! I can relax about it now. <grin> Someone noticed. It really shows.
Meanwhile, my metabolism
is still struggling with the weight loss…it is like my body wants the pounds
back and I won’t give them back! I haven’t
lost one more pound since early February. Time to drink more water. It is
becoming my “drink of choice”. Time to
walk more – I had been up to 30 minutes two times a day, but the weather sets
me back and then it is hard to get back on the track again – both literally and
figuratively. I am not “cheating”…I’m still eating my cup-or-less every
hour-or-more and stopping at 7PM. I can
jog now, too. My pants are slipping off
of my hips (!!!), so I’m hoping that I’m building heavier muscle and maybe
those non-lost pounds are looking better and leaner in muscle instead of in
fat!
| not one new marble to move from one to the other |
Either way – with lost
weight or without it – I am not backing down.
I KNOW that my metabolism is better off with smaller “meals” more often
and my heart is happier with celebration and stronger self!
How is it going for
you? Have you any tips for me that might help me start losing again?
No comments:
Post a Comment