Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Plateau, Full Refrigerator, My Bracelets Grew, and Other Problems



Who knew there would be so MANY issues to deal with?  I supposed it is like when the church parking lot is full…it’s a GOOD problem to have, but it is, nonetheless, a problem!
First of all is my “plateau”…which is funny because this is only like week 6, and it has only been a little over a week since I lost any weight, and I haven’t gained any.  You know what I did?  I made a CHART!! Yes I did! So I can SEE my progress.  (I’m really visual…remember?) So, what it showed were these slides downward, with this plateau in-between.  So, that helps not to get discouraged when it has been 8 days and nothing…not one pound gone…and I’ve been walking, exercising, and eating one cup, and adding more vegetables and whole grains and lowering the meat, drinking more water and … all my rules! 
Note to Self:  Even if I don’t lose another pound, I will feel better and look better and my blood sugar will be more stable, as long as I keep doing what I am doing! 
My Refrigerator!  We have had to really cut back our grocery shopping!  I am AMAZED! (and a little grossed out and embarrassed) at how much I used to eat!  Food that I didn’t need! Everything lasts so much longer!  My actual measuring cup of cereal means that even the expensive Organic Granola cereal lasts a LONG time.  I keep meaning to eat more oatmeal…but I have all of these other options…so the oatmeal just sits there looking pretty…awaiting another day.  And don’t get me started about all of the cheese!  Hubby (who did all of the cooking for the last 6 years…hmmm…and we both have gained quite a few pounds since then…) used a LOT of cheese…and we cannot seem to use it up now.  I DO use it, but I not whole pounds of it!  I make one cup of barley with 3 cups of water – and it takes 5-6 days to eat it all.  And the beans as well!  So, we will have to buy LESS food! That, and have to figure out how to store the food we now have so as not to let it spoil!
My Bracelets Grew! This isn’t really a problem; it is just a happy bi-product of weight loss that I didn’t expect.  I mean, I had been looking forward to smaller clothes …I hadn’t really thought about the jewelry – and my shoes fit better too! I had pretty well stopped wearing jewelry because it was uncomfortable on my water-retained fingers, wrists and even on my neck!  This is one of the “Why?” items that I have written now in my little book of encouragement. 
Flab.  This is the yucky literal underbelly of weightloss…ewie.  I have decided to add some strength building exercises to help with that.  I may just have to be … like Jello in some places … I know that I will not get surgery.  Fortunately, a little lycra and spandex can help with it…at least with how it looks in public!
How is it going for you?  Are you losing weight or are you in a plateau?

No comments:

Post a Comment