This stuff is working…and not just for weight loss. I am feeling so much better! I have asked my doctors (plural, yes) and
healthcare workers, and dietitians and all sorts of people about when I have
these “DAYS”. Some mornings, I wake up
and I am yucky. I have a list of
symptoms:
1.
Cold – I can sit in the in the car in the middle of a 120 degree summer day with
the heater blowing on me for 20 minutes and it feels GOOD!!! (I have done it, many times.)
2.
Achy – I hurt from head to toe. Muscles.
Bones. Joints. It hurts to touch me. It hurts to massage me. It hurts to stand up. It hurts to sit. Everything hurts.
3.
Fuzzy Head – I feel that I am wa-a-a-a-ay inside
my head, and when people talk to me, the message has a lo-o-o-ong way to go to
get to me. Then, I have to process the info, come up with an answer, and
somehow send the message a l-o-o-o-ong way back out again.
So, what is that? Up
to this point, nobody wants to give it a name.
I know what it looks like. I know
the names of the things that people think that it could be…but, I don’t have a
diagnosis.
I used to take 8-12 ibuprofens a day. I haven’t had any Ibuprofen in 6 weeks – oh,
except for the headache on Sunday. I do
NOT feel fuzzy headed. I haven’t had one
of those
days in a long time. Where did they go?
I like a quote by Erma Bombeck: “Like religion, politics, and family
planning, cereal is not a topic to be brought up in public. It's too
controversial.” The same goes for “diets”. I mean, wowza, there are a gazillion ways to
eat and everyone thinks they have the ONLY healthy answer. Vegan. Noni Juice (or whatever it is), Apple
Cider Vinegar, Coconut Oil, Atkins, Organic, Nutri-System, Weight Watchers,
Fen-Fen…and the list of ways to eat and or lose weight goes on and on and on
and on…
I can’t do all of that stuff. We live on gifts. We have NO income. I cannot buy fancy stuff. We eat at other peoples’ houses ALL the time. We lived WITH people for two years and didn’t
have our own home, own kitchen, own stove.
I have to eat in a way that fits in with this life-style.
So why are these “Mandates” working for me? Why is this new way of eating working for me
when the dietitians and the doctors and the nail-biting starving on 1200
calories a day stuff never worked? What
DO I know anyway?
One part of this “success” has to be my glycemic index. By only eating one cup (or less) of food
every hour, I KNOW that the body is NOT getting overloaded with
insulin-requiring food. There is no crazy blood sugar high followed by a terrible low. For me, this is key. I feel like the Hobbits in The Lord of the
Rings…with their “second breakfasts” and “Elevensies”. I never get very hungry, but I never eat very
much. They say that this is the best way
to lower your insulin production. The
more insulin we need, the more weight we gain.
Lowering the insulin use helps to lose weight.
Another part of this “success” is the lack of “famine
feeling”. You know the cycle. “I’M
STARVED! I cannot eat! I will not eat! I want to eat! I won’t eat, I won’t, I
won’t, I won’t I … munch, munch, munch, munch.”
I DO feel hungry, but as SOON as I do, I eat a little bit. If it isn’t enough, I don’t worry about it or
feel deprived, because later, I can eat more…and not HOURS later, either! In
just a little while. I am able to wait
an hour, and often, I’m not still hungry.
It’s a mental thing…this feeling of satiability. There is no panic or shaky feelings in this.
But, then again, what do I know…
Top: Zucchini Oven Chips (http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/zucchini-oven-chips-10000001087041/) Bottom: Zucchini Pizza - brush olive oil onto slices, bake until nearly cooked, add pizza toppings, bake until bubbly. We did ours in a toaster oven.
No comments:
Post a Comment