Sunday, February 12, 2012

Ambulate


Walk.  It is snowing outside…how am I going to do that now?  I can a.) stay in bed tomorrow and stay warm b.) turn on an exercise video or find something on the internet c.) dress REALLY warm and brave the elements.  I know that my heart says “stay in bed, silly!” but my goals say “probably the video thingy...stay out of the weather but DO SOMETHING”… my long-term goal should be what guides me…not the lazy me. If I keep doing what I've always done, I will keep getting what I have always gotten (no weight-loss and weight gain-and-regain-yo-yo) so, time to change the action sequence.
I spent 2 weeks without losing one pound.  Nothing.  After losing 15 pounds in 4 weeks, then, nothing.  And you know what?  I was HUNGRY! Not just “eh, <shrug> a little hungry”…no, I wanted to eat like ALL THE TIME!!!  I still stayed pretty true to the rules (the Mandates) and I am SO GLAD that I did, because after 2 discouraging weeks of no change, one day, I lost 2 pounds, and then the next day, I lost 3 more.  Huh????  Is that just what my body does?  Holds on…holds on…holds on…and then, seemingly for no reason, ker-plunk! 
So, that now puts me at a loss of 20 pounds since Christmas – it is February 12.  This has never, ever, ever, ever, not even one time, ever happened to me.  It is enough to encourage me to find the video on line and do it instead of staying in bed! That’s for sure.

 P.S. I know this isn’t the prettiest picture, but here are my ankles!!!!! 
For 12 years, they were non-stop puffy…and sometimes, hanging over my shoes.  Now, they are my real ankles - the ones that I remember from 12 years ago!!  They seem to me to be half the size that they were.  Motivation to continue.
Here is my NEW UPDATED list of WHY AM I DOING THIS????
1.       I DO NOT WANT TO BE OBESE ANYMORE!
2.       For my heart, lungs, kidneys, knees, hips, back and feet – and ankles!
3.       To look nicer in clothes.
4.       My jewelry fits again.
5.       More energy.
6.       Easier to travel.
7.       Less shame.
8.       Costs less to eat less.
Did you make dietary changes recently?  Have you seen any positive changes? What is happening to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment