Friday, April 27, 2012

Single Digits!!!


So we know that 40 inches is 40 inches.  It doesn’t matter if you squish it into a size 2 (now THAT is SOME ELASTIC, I’m telling you!) or swath it into a 4X…it is STILL 40 inches.
So, why am I practically ecstatic that I can fit into a size single-digit pair of pants????
I’m not taking ‘em off!
All of the charts say that in reality I am a couple of sizes away from this size range…and in my closet are a series of sizes which all “fit” my body, none of which are as small as these pants declare.  So, I know it is an anomaly.  I know it is a “false size”.  I know that. 
Still…<wicked grin> I am in ‘em!!!!  And I’m not taking them off!!!
Never mind that I haven’t worn “this size” since Jr. High and likely will never actually wear this size. (Remember, I have big bones! Even SKINNY, I just don’t wear the small sizes!)
They don’t bind.  They are not too short.  (A common problem for me) There is not any extra room, but I don’t have to lie on the bed and suck in my breath to button them and zip up!  All of these things are added benefits. But this is not why I love to wear these pants.
      size 16                             size 12

(If they were the same in all other respects, I'm picking the 12!)
Whatever my left-brain tells me, there is still this illogical thrill…yes, I tell you, a heart fluttering THRILL (!) that they are a single digit size!!!
Can you remember what size you wore at specific points in your life?  I sure can.  Strange.  At any given moment, I can’t remember my own phone number.  The zip code!  The ages of my kids.  The birthdays of my grandchildren.  But I CAN tell you the size of the dress I am wearing in any photo.  Easy.  And how much I weighed.
Strange.  Very strange indeed.

1 comment:

  1. Did you try any of those jeans I sent you on? I prayed they would fit....

    REJOICING WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!

    When I went from a size 32 to an 8 I was in the dressing room and my husband (at the time) kept bringing me pants--14, too big; 12, too big; 10, too big; 8?!?!?!? I whoo hoo'd so loud the clerk came running. I was crying, shouting through the door, blubbering...He told her, "her first size 8 in memory." I will never forget that thrill!

    Love you dear friend.
    sm

    ReplyDelete